I was invited and participated in my first holiday cookie exchange!
How it works:
1. Bake 6-8 dozen holiday cookies, and package them up in 6 or 12 – depending on what the cookie is, how many you bring, what fits best etc.
2. All invited parties gather at one location on the designated cookie exchange night
3. All extras, burnt cookies, broken pieces etc. are set out for sampling
4. All ready-to-exchange-cookie packages are displayed for later exchange
5. After some visiting, drinking, snacking and sampling….
6. Each person introduces the cookies that he or she brought… and the exchange commences!
At the end of the evening, you leave with as many cookies as you arrived with, but so many more, beautiful and tasty varieties to enjoy. Happy Holidays!!!
I made these two:
I’ve made these before and have been very happy with them. Of course, right!?–they have potato chips in and on top of them!!! 😉
This was a new recipe for me, but I was happy with how they turned out. The dough was nice and flaky, and the Ghiradelli chocolate on the inside was of course quite nice as well. 🙂